Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 1, 2012

{L}ittle Girls


Little girls.
So full of hope.
So full of dreams.
So full of ENERGY!!
I saw my daughter sticking her head out of the window and the look on her face was of ecstatic joy. I had to take a quick snap shot of the moment.
When I was a little older than my daughter is now, I used to play on an all boys baseball team (I was a bit of a Tom-Boy!). I remember during one of our practices I expressed energetically to my coach that “One day, I want to play in the Majors!”.
He looked at me while chuckling and said, “You’ll never be good enough to play in the Majors!”
My heart sunk. My dream shattered.
Aren’t adults suppose to lie to you regardless and tell you that you can be whatever you want to be as long as you work hard at it?
That memory has always stuck with me. I will never tell my children that they can’t reach the moon. I still believe that anything is possible. I want my kids to believe in themselves.
I want Mia to go through life with her head out the window with the wind in her hair and the thrill that anything is possible.
That the moon is in her grasp.

2 comments:

"Say What?!"